Wednesday, May 9, 2012

4 Months of Dieting!

My hubby just informed me that today is 4 months since we started our diet...so I thought that deserved a post about the numbers and results so far.
Starting weight (1/9)= 168.6
Starting BMI = 28.9
Current weight (5/9)= 144.8
Current BMI = 24.9 - NORMAL!!!
Pounds lost = 23.8
Pounds left to goal of 135 = 9.8
Pounds per week average = 1.7
Percentage of body weight lost = 14.12%
Percentage complete = 70.8%
And, since I have at least 30 days till my next possible BFP, I decided to give the 30 Day Shred a whirl.  I did it last night and it wasn't bad!  It was certainly challenging, but doable, so that's great!  I took some measurements this morning to compare against at the end of the month..
5.9.12- morning after first shred
144.8
Waist: 30
Hips: 40
Rt thigh: 23.5
Rt bicep relaxed: 11
Bust (with regular, lightly padded bra). 37.5

And I don't know what has changed about my body in the last week, but I'm suddenly no longer disgusted with how I look.  I certainly still see the extra pounds, but I no longer see a fat, or even chubby, woman looking back at me in the mirror.  My waist is defined, the lumps are mostly gone, my arms are thinner, and best of all, my face has lost its puffiness!
I feel really good about my progress, because that even includes taking about 6 weeks off for the whole pregnancy fiasco.  I only had one week where I truly went off the South Beach lifestyle, and that was the week that I was wallowing in self pity after my D&E.  I think that we have managed to really change out lifestyle and eating habits!  And THAT, is the key to keeping this off I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment