Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Silver linings are a funny thing...

So, 13dpo and its a BFN.  ugh.  I had SUCH a good feeling about this cycle too.  But, I bit the bullet yesterday and called my RE, I have an appt with him on Friday to talk about next steps.  Guessing that I will do one more month on clomid while waiting to be able to cycle with him.  I have some really generous friends that have offered me some injectible meds that they had left over, so I'm guessing that is what we will do!!  I need to find out how $$ IUI is and decide if we want to throw that into the mix too?  or just try for better egg quality and a good lining?  (I definitely want to add a trigger though...)

The silver lining to all of this?  I AM NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT!!!!  I finally broke my plateau and this morning I weighed in at 144.8, giving me a BMI of 24.9 which is NORMAL!!  YAHOO!!  I'm sure it will bounce back up a little bit in the next week or so, because that was a big drop, but I have one other thing to comfort me...  After having my pants literally falling off of me yesterday at work, I went shopping for some new pants last night. 

The ones I wore to work yesterday were size 12s that used to be tight...
So I took 10's and 8's into the fitting room.  Tried on the 8's first, they fit GREAT!!!  I was so excited that I was in single digits!  And then, I looked at them and realized that they would be too big in a few more pounds lost, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and try on some 6's.  Um...they effin fit!!  They were pulling a bit at the crotch, but they fit with no sucking in and minimal muffin toppage!  Sadly, the store was oddly short on 6's in anything but black, and I already have a pair of black pants that fit ok now, so..I ended up finding a pair of 8 petite pants that fit great and got those!

so..to recap, I wore size 12 pants to work yesterday when I can really wear a six if I want to have on hoochie mama pants!  HA!  

No comments:

Post a Comment